Use Apple Watch for Roon
Find out more at: http://diy.rooExtend.com
Would you like to control Roon with your Apple Watch and also use Siri with it? Then rooWatch is perfect for you. rooWatch is part of my rooExtend suite - a piece of software developed to allow you to control Roon with various devices and which also offers some further capabilities.
rooWatch consists of two parts. An Apple Watch App you can download from the Apple Store and the rooExtend Software, serving the rooWatch App.
With the rooWatch App it is fun controlling Roon wherever you are in your house!
It also offers a bunch of very smart features:
• Full cover art with track and artist name.
• Intuitive operation via touch gestures on the Apple Watch display.
• Complete Roon playback control.
• The rooWatch App is Siri enabled. This means you can control Roon with your voice!!
• Can be used in your complete house as it uses WiFi and is independent of your iPhone.
• Roon library and radio stations.
• Roon queue and select tracks.
• Use Siri to search your library and select albums/artists/songs.
• Use the digital crown to control the volume.
• Play/Pause music.
• Swipe to next and previous track.
• Seek inside a playing title.
• Full Roon zone control, including the transfer of music to other zones.
• Enable shuffle and repeat modes.
• Bring playback device to standby.
• Set volume sensitivity.
• Invert swipe gestures.
• Hide seek bar.
• Enable haptics feedback.
• Set rooExtend server address.
The rooExtend software is supplied as a ready to run micro SD card image for the Raspberry Pi. The installation is therefore a simple plug and play.
You have two options to licese rooWatch in the checkout dialog.
- One year license with auto renewal
- Lifetime license
Things you need using the rooWatch App software:
- rooWatch App for the Apple Watch (download here for free).
- An Apple Watch
- Installed Roon.
- RaspberryPi zero w or RaspberryPi 4 (recommended).
- If using Raspberry Pi 4 a 3A Power supply
- Micro SD card min 16GB Class 10.
- A Windows10 PC or a Mac with a SD card slot or an external SD card device that can connect to the pc.
- WiFi for the rooEatch App, WiFi or or wired ethernet for the Raspberry Pi.
- balenaEtcher Software (download here for free).
- rooExtend SD card image and Quick Installation Guide (download here for free)
- rooWatch license key (buy here on this website).
Video tutorial that demonstrates the setup of rooWatch and its use.
- The license is a license for one Raspberry Pi device and can be used with multiple rooWatch Apps.
- The license is available in two options: Lifelong or One Year recurring. If you like to get the Lifelong license please select "Lifelong" at checkout!
- The transfer of the license from one Raspberry Pi to another Raspberry Pi is always possible by revoking the license on the licensed device and then entering the license key on the new device.
- If the Raspberry Pi is physically destroyed or no longer works for any other reason before the license has been revoked, this inevitably leads to the loss of the license.
- Companies are prohibited from flashing the roonExtend image onto SD cards and then selling these preinstalled SD cards.
- Companies are expressly prohibited from bundling a Raspberry Pi with such a preinstalled card and selling it as a package. If you are a reseller and have plans in this direction, please contact me at info (at) definiteaudio (dot) com.
Fantastic app! Works perfectly. Exactly what I needed for my portable rig, which is awkward to pull out of my pocket to access.
Mar 19, 2022
These Extensions (Watch and upnp) are Dope and an absolute must for Apple Watch Rooners with a Denon AV-Receiver! Thanks!
Mar 11, 2022