Use UPnP Streamers with Roon
Find out more at: http://diy.rooExtend.com
Do you want to use your UPnP streamer that is not yet Roon Ready with Roon? Then rooUPnP is perfect for you.
rooUPnP is a software developed, to open Roon for all UPnP streamers that can play FLAC, PCM or MP3 audio. With rooUPnP is is finally possible to use elder UPnP streamers with Roon, saving you the money for a new Roon Ready streamer!
All this without any quality loss in a Bit Perfect way. rooUPnP supports gapless playback and an individual setup for each of your UPnP streamers. Using rooUPnP you can control all transport activities (stop, play, …) and the volume control of your UPnP streamer with Roon.
The rooUPnP software is included in the rooExtend platform, supplied as a ready to run micro SD card image for the Raspberry Pi4. Before licensing, rooUPnP discovers all active UPnP streamers in your home and shows you the devices, that will work with rooUPnP.
As UPnP is implemented in different ways by the device manufacturers, I offer a seven day test license for $2.90. With this you can try if your UPnP device nicely works with rooUPnP. Here you find a list with feedback from the community helping you to find out if your device was already tested with rooUPnP by someone else. Please notice that this test license is recurring! You have to disable it after testing. Otherwise, your account will be charged $2.90 every seven days.
Things you need using the rooUPnP software:
- Installed Roon.
- A UPnP streamer
- Raspberry Pi 4.
- Raspberry Pi 4 power supply.
- Micro SD Card 32GB Class 10 (Sandisk recommended)
- Wired ethernet (WiFi is not supported by rooUPnP!)
- balenaEtcher Software (download here for free).
- rooExtend SD card image and Quick Installation Guide (download here for free).
- rooUPnP license key (buy here on this website).
- The license is a lifetime license for one rooUPnP instance. There is no restriction in the number of connected UPnP streamers.
- The transfer of the license from one RaspberryPi to another RaspberryPi is always possible by revoking the license on the licensed device and then entering the license key on the new device.
- If the RaspberryPi is physically destroyed or no longer works for any other reason before the license has been deactivated, this inevitably leads to the loss of the license.
- Companies are prohibited from flashing the roonExtend image onto SD cards and then selling these preinstalled SD cards.
- Companies are expressly prohibited from bundling a RaspberryPi with such a preinstalled card and selling it as a package. If you are a reseller and have plans in this direction, please contact me at info (at) definiteaudio (dot) com.
No comment given
No comment given
Feb 19, 2022
Very happy - originally has a pi with a digital out put card - but could only us this for one of my non-Roon streamers, now with this software solution I can access all my streamers (4 of them all non-Roon).
Only one requirement - is there some way of see the details of the music being plaid - i.e. song title, Album name, artist etc. on the remote streamer?
Mar 20, 2021
Reply from seller:
Hello, and thanks for the review. Please join the forum here where I will aswer all questions: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/rooupnp-finally-a-roon-extension-for-upnp-streamers/149977
Mar 20, 2021