Use UPnP Streamers with Roon Share & earn cash
Do you want to use your UPnP streamer that is not yet Roon Ready with Roon? Then rooUPnP is perfect for you. rooUPnP is a software developed, to open Roon for all UPnP streamers that can play FLAC, PCM or MP3 audio. With rooUPnP is is finally possible to use elder UPnP streamers with Roon, saving you the money for a new Roon Ready streamer! All this without any quality loss in a Bit Perfect way. rooUPnP supports gapless playback and an individual setup for each of your UPnP streamers. Using rooUPnP you can control all transport activities (stop, play, …) and the volume control of your UPnP streamer with Roon.
The rooUPnP software is included in the rooExtend platform, supplied as a ready to run micro SD card image for the RaspberryPi4. Before licensing, rooUPnP discovers all active UPnP streamers in your home and shows you the devices, that will work with rooUPnP.
Things you need using the rooUPnP software:
- Installed Roon.
- A UPnP streamer
- RaspberryPi 4.
- Raspberry Pi 4 power supply.
- Micro SD Card 32GB Class 10 (Sandisk recommended)
- Wired ethernet (WiFi is not supported by rooUPnP!)
- balenaEtcher Software (download here for free).
- rooExtend SD card image and Quick Installation Guide (download here for free).
- rooUPnP license key (buy here on this website).
- The license is a lifetime license for one rooUPnP instance. There is no restriction in the number of connected UPnP streamers.
- The transfer of the license from one RaspberryPi to another RaspberryPi is always possible by revoking the license on the licensed device and then entering the license key on the new device.
- If the RaspberryPi is physically destroyed or no longer works for any other reason before the license has been deactivated, this inevitably leads to the loss of the license.
- Companies are prohibited from flashing the roonExtend image onto SD cards and then selling these preinstalled SD cards.
- Companies are expressly prohibited from bundling a RaspberryPi with such a preinstalled card and selling it as a package. If you are a reseller and have plans in this direction, please contact me at info (at) definiteaudio (dot) com.
Very happy - originally has a pi with a digital out put card - but could only us this for one of my non-Roon streamers, now with this software solution I can access all my streamers (4 of them all non-Roon).
Only one requirement - is there some way of see the details of the music being plaid - i.e. song title, Album name, artist etc. on the remote streamer?
Reply from seller:
Hello, and thanks for the review. Please join the forum here where I will aswer all questions: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/rooupnp-finally-a-roon-extension-for-upnp-streamers/149977