Use AI to Chat with Roon
Find out more at: http://diy.rooExtend.com
Introducing rooAIDJ - the revolutionary chat-based AI that will change the way you discover and curate music in the Roon music server software!!
Gone are the days of spending hours scrolling through endless song lists, trying to find that perfect track. rooAIDJ is here to help you seamlessly navigate your music library with just a few simple natural language commands.
As a highly advanced chat-based assistant, rooAIDJ uses the latest GPT technology to understand your requests and provide personalized recommendations. Simply type in your music request, mood, preference or whatever comes to your mind and let rooAIDJ recommend music for you. Refine your research if needed by chatting with the AI and then just play the music in Roon by pressing the play button.
But rooAIDJ is more than just a personal music curator. It's also a full-fledged DJ! With rooAIDJ by your side, you can automate your music selection and create your own custom playlists and store them in Roon.
So if you're ready to take your music listening experience to the next level, it's time to give rooAIDJ a try.
With its intuitive chat-based interface, smart recommendation engine, and DJ capabilities, rooAIDJ has everything you need to become the ultimate music curator. What are you waiting for? Start chatting with rooAIDJ today!
rooAIDJ comes as Roon Extension for the rooExtend suite plus an iOS App. This means you need an iPhone or iPad to make it run. You interact with the App by chat or by voice.
- Running rooAIDJ you don’t have to register at OpenAI nor pay additional fees to OpenAI. rooAIDJ uses a commercial license acquired by definiteAudio GmbH. With this license the fees for ChatGPT are covered and you don’t have to pay anything to OpenAI.
- As rooAIDJ depends on ChatGPT it will only work in regions where ChatGPT is available. We take no responsibility for ChatGPT being always or remaining available. The unavailability of ChatGPT does not result in a claim for reimbursement of the license fee.
- We have no experience yet regarding the costs incurred by OpenAI for using CharGPT. We therefore expressly reserve the right to make future price adjustments to cover costs.
- Caused by the monthly fees from OpenAI we only can offer a monthly recurring license at the moment.
Things you need using the rooHead software:
- iPhone, iPad (iOs 15 or above), Apple Watch, Apple TV, Mac PC
- Installed Roon.
- RaspberryPi 4.
- A 3A Power supply for the Raspberry Pi 4.
- Micro SD card min 8GB Class 10.
- A Windows10 PC or a Mac with a SD card slot or an external SD card device that can connect to the pc.
- WiFi or wired ethernet.
- balenaEtcher Software (download here for free).
- rooExtend SD card image (v3.x.x) and Quick Installation Guide (download here for free)
- rooAIDJd license key (buy here on this website).
- The license is a license for one device and for one customer per license key.
- The license is available as a monthly recurring license only.
- The transfer of the license from one RaspberryPi to another RaspberryPi is always possible by revoking the license on the licensed device and then entering the license key on the new device.
- If the RaspberryPi is physically destroyed or no longer works for any other reason before the license has been revoked, this inevitably leads to the loss of the license.
- Companies are prohibited from flashing the roonExtend image onto SD cards and then selling these preinstalled SD cards.
- Companies are expressly prohibited from bundling a RaspberryPi with such a preinstalled card and selling it as a package. If you are a reseller and have plans in this direction, please contact me at info (at) definiteaudio (dot) com.
I’m quite new, but compared to other high end audio purchases, and how you told you this is beyond reasonable for what it does!
No comment given
Would be good to have perpetual option