Use Roon with Microsoft Surface Dial Share & earn cash
Do you want to control Roon with a minimal wireless dial? Then rooDial is perfect for you. rooDial - the first part of our future rooExtend suite - is a software developed to allow you to control Roon with an off the shelf Microsoft Surface Dial, a minimal, simple well designed product that fits in with any home. rooDial doesn't only allow you to control the volume, you can also pause and skip tracks instantaneously with a turn or a push of the dial.
The rooDial software is supplied as a ready to run micro SD card image for the RaspberryPi. The installation is therefore a simple plug and play. Before licensing, the rooDial software is partly functional and so the whole setup can be tested in advance.
Things you need using the rooDial software:
- Installed Roon.
- Microsoft Surface Dial.
- RaspberryPi zero w or RaspberryPi 4.
- If using Raspberry Pi 4 a 3A Power supply
- Micro SD card min 8GB Class 10.
- A Windows10 PC or a Mac with a SD card slot or an external SD card device that can connect to the pc.
- WiFi or wired ethernet.
- balenaEtcher Software (download here for free).
- rooExtend SD card image and Quick Installation Guide (download here for free)
- rooDial license key (buy here on this website).
- The license is a license for one device and for one customer per license key.
- The license is available in two options: Lifelong or One Year recurring. If you like to get the Lifelong license please select "Lifelong" at checkout!
- The transfer of the license from one RaspberryPi to another RaspberryPi is always possible by revoking the license on the licensed device and then entering the license key on the new device.
- If the RaspberryPi is physically destroyed or no longer works for any other reason before the license has been revoked, this inevitably leads to the loss of the license.
- Companies are prohibited from flashing the roonDial image onto SD cards and then selling these preinstalled SD cards.
- Companies are expressly prohibited from bundling a RaspberryPi with such a preinstalled card and selling it as a package. If you are a reseller and have plans in this direction, please contact me at info (at) definiteaudio (dot) com.
No comment given