Device Volume Control for RME ADI-2 family DACs
Find out more at: http://diy.rooExtend.com
All these DACs share the unique feature of ”Auto Ref Level” that allows Volume Control without sacrificing DAC resolution.
Until now this unique feature is limited to the Device Volume Knob and the Infrared Remote.
This is where rooADI kicks in.
rooADI unlocks the use of Device Volume Control and therefore ”Auto Ref Level” from within Roon!
No more DSP volume or a volume pot at your preamp. Just change Volume in Roon and the Device Volume of your ADI-2 DAC will be affected.
As rooADI is a bidirectional implementation, rotating the Volume Knob also changes the volume setting in Roon.
Bidirectional Device Volume Control in sync with Roon. Unlock”Auto Ref Level” feature from within Roon. Mute control. Input Selection for the ADI-2 DACs.
Things you need using rooADI with Raspberry Pi4:
- One of the ADI-2 family DACs from RME.
- The latest Flash Update for your ADI-2 family DAC.
- Installed Roon.
- The RaspberryPi 4 with 2GB of RAM is sufficient, but having more RAM in the future would be advantageous.
- A 3A Power supply for the Pi4.
- Micro SD card min 8GB Class 10.
- A Windows10 PC or a Mac with a SD card slot or an external SD card device that can connect to the PC.
- Wired ethernet (WiFi not recommended).
- balenaEtcher Software (download here for free).
- rooExtend SD card image (download here for free).
- rooADI license key (buy here on this website).
- The license is a license for one device and for one customer per license key.
- The license is available in two options: Lifelong or One Year recurring. If you like to get the Lifelong license please select "Lifelong" at checkout!
- The transfer of the license from one RaspberryPi to another RaspberryPi is always possible by revoking the license on the licensed device and then entering the license key on the new device.
- If the RaspberryPi is physically destroyed or no longer works for any other reason before the license has been revoked, this inevitably leads to the loss of the license.
- Companies are prohibited from flashing the roonDial image onto SD cards and then selling these preinstalled SD cards.
- Companies are expressly prohibited from bundling a RaspberryPi with such a preinstalled card and selling it as a package. If you are a reseller and have plans in this direction, please contact me at info (at) definiteaudio (dot) com.